- This event has passed.
25th Sept – 6th Oct Horse Starting Course
September 25, 2023 @ 8:00 am - October 6, 2023 @ 5:00 pm£200.00
This is a unique course for those wanting to develop their understanding, processes and skills when starting young horses under saddle. It is designed for experienced and highly competent riders who have a career in horses, or have their own youngsters they want to start and produce. There will be spectator options for those without their own horses to start, or those with less experience.
Jason Webb has started over 2,000 horses in his career, working with horses from all disciplines from dressage to eventing, racing to polo. He is highly recommended by numerous Olympic and International competitors, trainers, studs and equestrian professionals. Assistant Trainers that have worked with him have gone on to have highly successful careers. His starting program combines the Australian methods he grew up using, with techniques learnt through his twenty years of experience.
About the Course
- Course runs from 25-29th Sept, 2nd – 6th Oct
- Horse stays on full grass or full stabled livery (including weekends, we provide labour, bedding and hay/haylage)
- Each morning includes group and/or individual instruction from Jason
- Progress from Groundwork Foundations through to the First Rides
- Jason will be on hand to “take over the reins” at any point should you need it
- Each afternoon, you have the opportunity to watch Jason working with horses in on training, who will be at the next stage of their training
- Use of our specialist training facilities and equipment
- Free refreshments throughout the course, and use of kitchen for meals.
- Free camping available on site, or local B&B options available. WiFi and office space on site if required.
- Three month’s free membership to Your Horsemanship Online
Please do email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information.
£1200. Please note that a deposit of £200 will secure your space. The remaining balance will be taken on 14th August.
You will be asked for your full details, any medical requirements and stabling/ paddock requirements 6 weeks in advance of the Course, when you will also receive a detailed itinerary.
By booking on this event, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions;
The deposit and entry fee is only refundable with a veterinary/ doctors certificate. In the event of cancellation, the organisers reserve the right to keep the deposit to cover administration costs.
Please be aware that despite rigorous quarantine and hygiene systems in place at Your Horsemanship, there remains a small risk of your horse contracting an illness. If your horse shows symptoms of ill health or unsoundness on arrival, Your Horsemanship will not receive it on the yard. Please note we will only accept horses on the yard that have a passport showing up to date vaccinations, and that have been on a strict worming program.
Your Horsemanship Limited accepts no liability whatsoever for any accidents befalling horses or humans that may occur on our premises. Handling and riding horses can be a dangerous activity and we strongly recommend that you have your own adequate insurance cover.