Retraining of Racehorses (ROR) Spring Camp 25 & 26th April 2024
April 25, 2024 @ 10:00 am - April 26, 2024 @ 4:00 pm
Whatever your aspirations and experience, our camps are designed to give confidence to the most nervous of horse or rider, whilst providing challenges to those wanting a break in their usual routine. All of this coupled with spending time with like-minded people in a fun, educational atmosphere and the chance to “talk horses” to Jason and the team over delicious home-cooked meals in stunning surroundings!
This 2 Day Camp includes 3+ sessions with your horse per day:
- Horses and riders grouped according to experience/ aspirations
- Foundation Groundwork and Ridden Work from Your Horsemanship program
- Farm and Woodland Ground and Ridden Hacks
- Negotiating Obstacles
- Polework/ Jumping (all levels catered for)
- Fun & Games (eg. polocrosse, mounted games, quadrille, cow horse with mechanical cow)
- Expert Demo/Presentation
- Homecooked Meals and Refreshments on the go (dietary requirements can be accommodated wherever possible)
- Individual turnout for your horse on a DIY basis (please note that fencing is a combination of wood and electric), or stabled full livery option at additional cost of £30/night. Both include haylage if required.
- Free camping on site (tents or horseboxes), some on-site accommodation or local B&B/ hotel
- The Camp starts at 10am, welcome to arrive from 7.30am onwards, or the previous afternoon (2-4pm)
Bookings via ROR on HorseMonkey:
Entry Fee: £315, please note that YH members can apply for their 10% discount via the YH office, email@example.com, after booking.
Spectator Fee: £25 per day, to be arranged via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you are welcome to bring a “helper”, but they will not be able to fence sit (i.e. listen and learn from the course day) without paying the spectator fee.
Your details, any medical/dietary requirements and stabling/ paddock requirements will be confirmed 4 weeks in advance of the camp, when you will also receive a detailed itinerary.
By booking on this event, you are agreeing to the ROR Terms and Conditions.